Mayor Hancock to Announce Awards
for Excellence in Arts & Culture
Mayor Michael B. Hancock and Denver Arts & Venues will announce the Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture on Tuesday at the McNichols Building.
In the spirit of IMAGINE 2020: Denver’s Cultural Plan the Mayor will recognize individuals and organizations that make significant and lasting contributions to the artistic, cultural and creative landscape in the City and County of Denver.
What: Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture
When: Tuesday, Nov. 18 at 11 a.m.
Where: McNichols Civic Center Building, 144 W. Colfax Ave.
Two People’s Choice Awards that were voted on by the general public will be announced:
· Unique Collaborations – Nominees for this award have formed collaborations that are unique either in the scope of the collaborative partners or in the work performed by the collaborative.
· In School Arts – Nominees for this award are Denver Public Schools teachers who are creatively using arts in their curriculum.
In addition to the People’s Choice Awards, winners will be announced in each of the following categories:
· Youth Arts – This award is presented to a person 17 or younger that has made a significant difference and/or impact in the community through the arts or an organization that has significantly impacted the lives of youth in the City and County of Denver through the arts.
· Impact – This award is presented to an individual or organization that has made a significant and lasting impact on arts and culture in the city and County of Denver. This category requires that the nominee have at least 10 years history in the arts in the City and County of Denver.
· Arts Innovation – This award is presented to the individual or organization that is breaking new ground in the arts and whose contribution to innovation in the arts has been significant.
· Global Arts – This award is presented to an individual or organization that has brought Denver’s arts & culture to the national or world stage. Nominees for this category will have received national or international recognition through collaboration, media coverage or grant dollars