Third I-25 Lane Set to Open Ahead of July 4th Weekend
Full Scale Paving Operations Just Ahead
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will open the third lane of southbound Interstate 25 from Monument to North Gate Boulevard tomorrow morning (Thursday, July 3), the final segment to open to traffic. All other three lane sections opened in December 2013.
Another milestone begins on Wednesday, July 9, when rotomilling and asphalt paving is scheduled to get underway. The resurfacing is scheduled to take place in three phases, in the following sequence:
1. Northbound I-25, from just north of Woodmen Road to Interquest Parkway
2. Southbound I-25, Interquest Parkway to Woodmen Road
1. Northbound I-25, from Interquest Parkway to North Gate Boulevard
2. Southbound I-25, from North Gate Boulevard to Interquest Parkway
1. Northbound I-25 from North Gate Boulevard to State Highway 105 in Monument
2. Southbound I-25 from SH 105 to North Gate Boulevard
All milling and paving will take place Sunday through Friday, from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. It will require a two-lane closure and work zone speed limits will be reduced to 45 mph.. Drivers can expect heavy truck traffic in the work zones when asphalt is being delivered for paving.
Paving operations are scheduled to be completed by the end of August.
All work is subject to weather and road conditions.
NOTE: Interstate 25 expansion project work will break for the July 4th holiday weekend. Work will cease after the day shift Thursday, July 3 and resumes with the day shift Monday, July 7.