Nominations for the 2014 Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture are being accepted through Aug. 31.
In the spirit of IMAGINE 2020: Denver’s Cultural Plan, Mayor Michael B. Hancock will recognize individuals and organizations that make significant and lasting contributions to the artistic, cultural and creative landscape in the City and County of Denver. The awards will be announced in November during Denver Arts Week.
Visit the Denver Arts & Venues website to submit nominations (self-nominations are accepted) in the following categories:
Panel Selected Awards
· Youth Arts – This award is presented to a person under 18 that has made a significant difference and/or impact in the community through the arts or an organization that has significantly impacted the lives of youth in the City and County of Denver through the arts.
· Impact Award – This award is presented to an individual or organization that has made a significant and lasting impact on arts and culture in the city and County of Denver. This category requires that the nominee have at least 10 years history in the arts in the City and County of Denver.
· Arts Innovation – This award is presented to the individual or organization that is breaking new ground in the arts and whose contribution to innovation in the arts has been significant.
· Global Arts – This award is presented to an individual or organization that has brought Denver’s arts & culture to the national or world stage. Nominees for this category will have received national or international recognition through collaboration, media coverage or grant dollars.
People’s Choice Awards
· Unique Collaborations – Nominees for this award have formed collaborations that are unique either in the scope of the collaborative partners or in the work performed by the collaborative.
· Creative Neighborhoods – Nominees for this award are registered neighborhood organizations that are creatively making their neighborhoods better places to live, work and play.
· In School Arts – Nominees for this award are Denver Public Schools art teachers or non art teachers who are creatively using arts in their curriculum.
For more information, please contact Denver Arts & Venues Special Events Coordinator Niecie Washington email@example.com or 720-865-4325.