Cinelatino, the nation’s leading Spanish-language movie channel, is joining in on the World Cup excitement by presenting a collection of action-packed soccer-themed movies from Mexico and Latin America, as well as the exclusive world television premiere of La H No Es Muda, a documentary about the Honduran National Soccer Team as they prepare for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The special programming will air in primetime from Friday, June 13, through Sunday, June 15.
Among the soccer-themed movies that will air on Cinelatino include:
- La H No Es Muda (‘The H’ Isn’t Mute): a behind-the-scenes look at the Honduran National Soccer Team’ and their journey to the 2014 FIFA World Cup. This exclusive world television event features interviews with past and current players and fans, as well as iconic scenes from the team’s history.
- Amando a Maradona (Loving Maradona): an inside look at the life of Diego Armando Maradona, one of the greatest and most revered soccer players in history.
- El sueño de Iván (Ivan’s Dream): a heartfelt film starring Oscar-nominated Damian Bichir as the coach of a children’s soccer team selected to play a match against a team of international of soccer stars. The film also features Ana Claudia Talancon.
- Gol 2: Viviendo el Sueño (Goal 2: Living the Dream): a fictional account of the 2005-6 soccer season involving Real Madrid, Newcastle United, and other major European clubs. Featuring Kuno Becker, with appearances by top international soccer stars such as David Beckham, Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, among others.
- El Penalti Más Largo del Mundo (The World’s Longest Penalty): a comedy from Spain about a looser who gets the chance to be the goalie for his regional soccer team, giving him the chance to become the town hero and win over his crush.
- Espíritu de Triunfo (Triumphant Spirit): a touching story about three men, one of whom is an aspiring soccer player, whose lives change dramatically. Featuring the participation of the Mexican soccer team, Santos Laguna.
- Como no Te Voy a Querer (How am I Not Going to Love You?): a Mexican drama about two friends who share a love of Los Pumas, the University of Mexico’s soccer team.
In addition to the soccer-themed movies airing this month, Cinelatino will also premiere Bruna Surfistinha (Little Surfer Girl), a Brazilian drama about the life of Raquel Pacheco who left her adoptive upper-middle-class family at 17 to become a call girl. She began a blog about her experiences, which became a sensation in Brazil and propelled her to fame.
More information and complete schedules are available at www.cinelatino.com. Cinelatino is available across the United States on all major cable, satellite and telco providers.