Cinelatino, the nation’s leading Spanish-language movie channel, is celebrating Holy Week with a collection of family-friendly films filled with messages of hope, love and new opportunities in the days leading up to Easter.
John Leguizamo, Eduardo Verastegui, Joaquin Cosio, Marta Higareda, Kuno Becker, Barbara Mori, and Jaime Camil are some of the faces featured in Cinelatino’s special holiday programming.
Beginning on Thursday, April 17, and airing through Easter Sunday, families can enjoy films like:
- Cosas Insignificantes (Insignificant Things): A production from acclaimed producer Guillermo Del Toro about a teen who uncovers touching stories behind the inanimate trinkets she collects that reveal intimate details about their previous owners. Starring Uruguayan-Mexican actress Barbara Mori.
- Atardacer de Agosto (August Evening): A moving love story about two immigrants who, after losing the loves of their lives, move to a new city where new love awaits them. Winner of ‘Best Film’ at the Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival, in addition to five other international awards.
- Bella (Beautiful): Eduardo Verastegui portrays an international soccer star, but a tragic twist of fate ends his career. Tammy Blanchard plays a waitress struggling to make a living. Both characters hit rock bottom until a simple moment leads them to an unforgettable experience in New York. Winner of six international awards.
- Mas Que a Nada en el Mundo (More than Anything in the World): Mexican actress Elizabeth Cervantes won a prestigious Ariel Award for her role as a single mother and the tender relationship she shares with her seven-year-old daughter.
- El Cielo en tu Mirada (Heaven in Your Eyes): On the day that Pepe, an aspiring musician, finds love at first sight, he suffers an accident that takes his life. But while waiting to get into Heaven, he succeeds in convincing his Guardian Angel to grant him a second chance, giving him three weeks to find love and musical success. Featuring Jaime Camil, Danna Garcia, and Mane de la Parra.
- El Regalo (The Gift): An award-winning Chilean romantic comedy about a man who, depressed after losing his wife, is forced by his friends to take a trip that will change their lives forever and renew his dampened spirit.
- Te Presento a Laura (Meet Laura): a heartfelt story about a girl who, knowing the exact day she will die, sets out to accomplish her bucket before that ill-fated day. Starring Martha Higareda, Kuno Becker and Joaquin Cosio.
Cinelatino is available across the United States on all major cable, satellite and Telco providers. More information and complete schedules are available at www.cinelatino.com.