Inmate Faces New Felony Charges after Attempting to Bring Narcotics into PCSO Jail
A female inmate of the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility is facing ten new charges this morning, nine of them felonies, after she returned from furlough with narcotics hidden inside a body cavity. 44-year-old Crisandra Criswell was serving a 3 month sentence in PCSO Detention Facility for DUI when she was granted a 5 hour personal furlough by the courts, Thursday afternoon. Information from inside the facility was gathered prior to her return. It was learned Criswell may attempt to bring contraband specifically narcotics, into the facility.
Criswell was three hours late returning from her furlough but detention deputies were waiting. After an initial pat down, drug screening, and interview, Criswell admitted to hiding the drugs in her person. Female deputies went with Criswell into a private room where she recovered various amounts of Heroin, Methamphetamine, Ativan and Oxycodone. All of the items were placed into evidence.
Captain Dawn Ballas who lead the investigative effort complimented her professional staff for the find. Captain Ballas stated that a jail requires diligence to thwart the efforts of contraband introduction. “Fortunately there are only a few places inmates can hide certain quantities of contraband such as narcotics. I am proud of the sergeants and deputies who know the dangers of allowing mind altering chemicals into a jail setting.”
Crisandra Criswell has been booked on the following charges:
• 1 Count Distribution of a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance (Heroin) 18-18-405(1),(2)(c)(I)(A), a DF3
• 2 Counts of Distribution of a Schedule 2 Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine and Oxycodone Hydrochloride) 18-18-405 (1),(2)(c)(I)(A), a DF3
• 1 Count of Distribution of a Schedule 4 Controlled Substance (Ativan)18-18-405(1),(2)(d)(I) a DF4
• 1 Count of Possession of a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance (Heroin) 18-18-403.5(1),(2),(a) a DF4
• 2 Counts of Possession of a Schedule 2 Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine and Oxycodone Hydrochloride) 18-18-403.5 (1),(2),(a) a DF4
• 1 Count of Introduction of Contraband 18-8-203 a class 4 Felony
• 1 Count of Possession of Contraband 18-8-204.1 a class 6 Felony
• 1 Count of Possession of a Schedule 4 Controlled Substance (Ativan)18-18-403.5(1),(2)(c) a DM1