The annual Create Denver Expo returns Sept. 21 to bring together innovative thinkers, doers and leading business experts to share the insights and resources that will help bring their creative ideas to life.
What: 2013 Create Denver Expo: Inspire + Create + Connect + Advance
When: Saturday, Sept. 21, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: McNichols Civic Center Building, 144 W. Colfax Ave.
“Our creative community plays such a vital role in making Denver vibrant and economically sound and we’re thrilled to bring people together and help put their creative business ideas into action,” said Create Denver Program Administrator Lisa Gedgaudas.
Details and registration à http://bit.ly/CDExpo
· $15 Pre-registration is suggested, lunch included by Mad Greens
· $10 Day of event (cash only, lunch not included)
The expo includes workshops and programs to help sharpen marketing and branding skills, develop a business plan, scout funding opportunities, navigate health insurance, and more.
· 9 a.m. – Doors & Registration Open
· 9:30 – Welcome & Keynote Address: Colleen Keegan, “Artists in Changing Times”
· 10 a.m.-3 p.m. – Workshops & Lunchtime Roundtables
· 3-4 p.m. – Closing Address: Jung Park & Jason Regier, “Bridging the Gap”
· 4-6 p.m. – Networking Reception hosted by Create Denver & #InsideDenver
Keynote: Colleen Keegan, Creative Capital (NYC)
Keegan is a partner in Keegan Fowler Companies, an equity investment and consulting firm that provides strategic planning and business affairs services to companies in the communications and entertainment industries. She has worked with more 1,400 artists and companies such as American Express, ESPN, Paramount Pictures, Sprint and Sony Pictures.
The Create Denver Expo is produced in partnership with the second annual Denver Startup Week, Sept. 16-21, showcasing the entrepreneurs, employees and startup companies fueling innovation in Denver. Other partners include the Small Business Development Center, Creative Capital, #InsideDenver, Blake Communications, Heinrich Marketing, Mad Greens and Wynkoop Brewery.