Colorado Springs– Honor Flight of Southern Colorado will be taking our 3rd flight on May 31st through June 2nd 2013. This comes after a two successful flights in 2012.
1. On May 4th, we will be at the Outlaw Rod & Custom Club Car Show, Arkansas Riverwalk in Pueblo. 10am to 12noon.
2. May 4th, Honor Flight, the Movie will be showing at the Weisbrod Aircraft Museum in Pueblo, Doors open at 3pm and movie starts at 5pm.
3. May 5th, 2nd showing of the movie at the Weisbrod Aircraft Museum at 3pm. Doors open at 1pm, for tickets please call Ellyn Koury at 719-251-9808.
4. On May 8th, we will be leaving from Colorado Springs to Denver for a visit at the Capitol. Senator Lambert is putting forth a resolution making May 8th, June 6th, September 2nd and December 7th, as WWII Remembrance Days in Colorado. We would love for all of you to be there as the Colorado House and Senate will acknowledge your service to this Country. We will meet at the park-n-ride @ 7:30am at I-25 and Monument exit. It is on the Northwest corner of that intersection. Call Lana at (719) 287.8890 if you can go. We need your full name and DOB. Please bring your ID.
5. On May 14th, at Cinemark/Tinseltown Movie Theater, we are hosting the movie, Honor Flight. Starts at 7:30pm and if you need tickets, please call me. You can also purchase your tickets at https://www.tugg.com/go/ifsesi
6. On May 17th, we are having our pre-flight luncheon for the 3rd flight! Come for lunch and support your comrades as they experience what you did tooJ we will be at the Radisson Hotel at 1645 N. Newport Road, CS, CO 80916 at 11:30am. Please come, we would love to recognize you! Please call Michele at 719.287.6095 or 262.844.6624 to RSVP.
7. On May 19th, we will be at the VFW, 430 E. Pikes Peak Ave, CS, CO 80903 for lunch at 12noon and a presentation of the “Song Spinners” at 1pm. Tickets are only $10.00 at the door; please call Michele at 719.287.6095.
Honor Flight of Southern Colorado transports our WWII veterans to Washington D.C. so they can visit and reflect on their memorial. Top priority was given to our most senior veterans and those who have waited the longest.
Of all the wars in our current memory, it was WWII that truly threatened our very existence as a nation.
Honor Flight of Southern Colorado and the Honor Flight Network is our way of paying a small tribute to those who gave so much to fight for our freedoms a rewarding, safe and rewarding tour of honor.
Please consider donating to our cause. Visit www.honorflightsoco.org for more information.