1. Benjamin Franklin wasn’t the first to propose DST.
William Willet of London orginally published a pamphlet called “Waste of Daylight” in 1907. Who was the first country to enact DST?
2. Not all of the United States observes Daylight Standard Time
Arizona doesn’t observe DST. Arizona is also referred to as the Daylight Saving Donut. Why?
3. The United States and European Union switch at different times.
The European Union Summer Time ends at 1 am on the last Sunday in October. Where is the gap?
4. Daylight Saving Time hasn’t always been standardized
In the 1950s and 60s each US locality could start and end when they wanted. Read more…
5. Daylight Saving Time doesn’t exist in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan abolished daylight saving time due to negative health effects. Heart attacks?