AUSTIN, Texas, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Community business leaders can access the knowledge and experience of nine internationally acclaimed leaders by attending the 2013 Chick-fil-A Leadercast: “Simply Lead” at The University of Texas at Austin on May 10, 2013. Former Secretary-of-State Condoleezza Rice, former Chairman and CEO of General Electric Jack Welch, Navy SEAL and star of the 2012 movie Act of Valor LCDR Rorke Denver and best-selling author John C. Maxwell are among the featured speakers during this one-day leadership training event being broadcast live via satellite from Atlanta, Georgia, to hundreds of cities around the world.
The Leadercast broadcast is hosted by the Division of Continuing and Innovative Education (CIE) at the Commons Learning Center of the university’s J.J. Pickle Research Campus. This year marks the third consecutive year that CIE has hosted the broadcast in Austin. Last year, over 100,000 leaders from 14 countries attended Chick-fil-A Leadercast, and over 140,000 leaders are expected to participate this year.
The 2013 program focuses on the idea of simply leading. Our lives are full of things that we think will grow our businesses and increase our influence. What if there was measurable impact in simplifying our lives so that our leadership could thrive and succeed? This diverse group of internationally acclaimed authors, leadership experts and practitioners will share insights to help leaders learn how to “Simply Lead.”
Registration is open at http://utleadercast.eventbrite.com. The line-up of speakers for this event is:
- Jack Welch, Former Chairman & CEO of General Electric
- Andy Stanley, Best-selling leadership author & communicator
- Mike Krzyzewski, Head men’s basketball coach, Duke University and Team USA
- John C. Maxwell, Leadership expert & author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
- Dr. Henry Cloud, Best-selling author and leadership consultant
- LCDR Rorke Denver, Navy SEAL and star of the 2012 movie Act of Valor
- Sanya Richards-Ross, 2012 London Olympic gold medalist, track & field
- David Allen, Best-selling author of Getting Things Done and productivity expert
- Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State (2005-2009)
“From maintaining profitability in a shaky economy to staying ahead of constantly changing technologies, leadership in our current 21stcentury work environment can be overwhelming,” says Jeff Treichel, CIE’s executive director, ad interim. “That’s why I’m so delighted that CIE is offering this valuable professional development event designed to help leaders and managers strengthen their leadership skills while also finding and nurturing a more simple way to work and live.”
For more information or to register, call (512) 471-2777 or visit http://utleadercast.eventbrite.com. Registration includes lunch, refreshments, prizes, activities and networking opportunities with other registrants.
2013 Chick-fil-A Leadercast: “Simply Lead”
May 10, 2013 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Commons Learning Center
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
10100 Burnet Road
Austin, TX 78758