RESOURCE ADVISORY COMMITTEE TO HOST PUEBLO PUBLIC MEETING
The “Pike & San Isabel Resource Advisory Committee” (PSI-RAC) will hold a public meeting on Wednesday, Sept., 5, in Pueblo. The PSI-RAC covers Larimer, Chaffee, Huerfano and Park Counties with funds tied to the recently reauthorized Secure Rural Schools Act.
The public is invited to attend the meeting being held at the Supervisor’s Office of the Pike and San Isabel National Forests, Cimarron and Comanche National Grasslands at 2840 Kachina Dr., Pueblo, CO 81008. The meeting will take place from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a public comment period after 3:30 p.m. Personal identification is required to enter the federal building.
In addition, U.S. Forest Service offices in Fairplay, Salida and Canon City will be open to the public who wish to participate in this meeting by Video Teleconference.
Through the Secure Rural Schools Act, states and counties are allotted special funds based on the amount of national forest land in the county and other factors. Counties designate a portion of
the funds to projects reviewed by the RAC. The committee develops and recommends projects that benefit national forest land in the affected counties, monitors the projects, and provides advice to the U.S. Forest Service.
Fifteen members have been selected by the Secretary of Agriculture to represent the following interests on the PSI-RAC:
• Developed recreation, OHV users, commercial recreation interests
• Commercial timber or non-timber forest product harvester groups
• Energy or mineral development
• Commercial or recreational fishing interests
• National environmental organization
• State elected official or designee
• Three replacement members who represent commodity or commercial interests, environmental or conservation interests, and the public-at-large.