Air Force Football Post-Game Notes
Vs. UNLV, Sept. 22, 2012
· AFA extended its scoring streak to 236 consecutive games. Air Force’s streak is the longest in the MW and the fourth longest active streak in the country. The Falcons were last shutout by Mississippi, 13-0, in the 1992 Liberty Bowl. The streak is the 11th longest in NCAA history. Michigan has the longest active streak at 339 games.
· Air Force lost its first Mountain West Conference opener on the road, falling to 7-1 all time.
· Air Force players making their first career start are: OLB Stephan Atrice.
· Air Force’s game captains were QB Connor Dietz, LB Alex Means and RB Wes Cobb.
· RB Cody Getz rushed for 100-plus yards for the third consecutive game. He is the first Falcon to rush for three-straight 100-plus yards since Chad Hall in 2007.
· QB Connor Dietz set a career-high with two rushing touchdowns.
· Alex Means recorded his second-career interception and the first of the season.
· Fullback Broam Hart’s two-yard touchdown run in the second quarter was the first of his career.
· Hart also set career high’s for carries (12) and yards (32).
· WR Ty MacArthur set a career high with 46 rushing yards.
· Connor Dietz’s 58-yard pass completion to MacArthur was a career-long pass for Dietz and career-long reception for MacArthur.
· LB Austin Niklas sets career-high with 16 tackles and DB Brian Lindsay sets career-high with 10 tackles.