Air Force 42, Colorado State 21
Air Force Post-Game Notes Vs. Colorado State, Sept. 29, 2012
• AFA extended its scoring streak to 237 consecutive games. Air Force’s streak is the longest in the MW and the fourth longest active
streak in the country. The Falcons were last shutout by Mississippi, 13-0, in the 1992 Liberty Bowl. The streak is the 11 th longest in
NCAA history. Michigan has the longest active streak at 343 games.
• Air Force has had 18 players who have made their first career starts this season, the most in the nation. Arizona State has the
second most with 14.
• Air Force has scored a touchdown on its opening drive in back-to-back games after not scoring on the first drive in the first two
• Air Force leads the overall series with CSU, 31-19-1, including a 20-13 mark in conference games.
• AFA has now won seven straight in the CSU series and eight of the last nine
• AFA has won five straight at home dating back to 2002.
• FB Broam Hart made his first career start.
• Air Force’s game captains were Connor Dietz, Alex Means and Cody Getz
• Drew Coleman’s 53-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter is the longest of his career.
• Alex Hansen earned his first career sack in the first quarter.
• Cody Getz rushed for a career high 222 yards. His previous best was 218 yards vs. Idaho State in the season opener.
• With his 222 yards, Getz becomes the first Falcon to rush for more than 100 yards in four straight games since Beau Morgan in
1996 vs. Navy, Notre Dame, Hawaii and CSU. Getz is the only player in school history to open the season with four straight 100-
• Getz becomes the first player since 2007 and the fourth in school history to have two games with 200 or more rushing yards in the
same season. Getz had 218 rushing yards vs. Idaho State in the season opener.
o Chad Hall, 2007: 275 vs. Army and 256 vs. CSU
o Beau Morgan, 1996: 243 vs. CSU and 217 vs. Fresno State
o Dee Dowis, 1989: 249 vs. San Diego State and 208 vs. Wyoming
• Getz’s 683 yards in the last four games are the most since Chad Hall went for 795 yards in a four-game stretch in 2007. Getz had
218 yards vs. Idaho State, 133 vs. Michigan, 113 vs. UNLV and 222 vs. CSU. In 2007, Hall had 256 vs. CSU, 167 vs. Wyoming, 97 vs.
New Mexico and a school-record 275 vs. Army.
• Connor Dietz is the career leader in pass interception avoidance at the Academy. He has thrown just one interception in 104 career
attempts for a pass interception avoidance percentage of .009. He breaks the record set by Mike Thiessen (1998-2000) with a .029.
• Dietz’s two touchdown passes are the most of his career.
• Marcus Hendricks’ touchdown catch in the second quarter is the first of his career.
• Dontae Strickland’s 27-yard touchdown run in the second quarter was the first rushing touchdown (second overall touchdown) of
his career. It was also the longest score of his career.
• Anthony LaCoste’s interception in the third quarter was the first of his career.
• LB Austin Niklas had a career-high two forced fumbles.
• Ty MacArthur scored the first two touchdowns of his career.
• MacArthur rushed for a career high 75 yards.
• RB Scott Day had the first carries of his career today.
• Steffon Batts’ interception in the fourth quarter was his team-leading second of the season.