Catholic Charities Marian House will be offering the Parenting with Love & Logic class series. It is a seven-week parent training program designed by the Love and Logic Institute. Classes begin September 12 and run through October 24, 2012. They will be held at the Marian House from 4:00 – 5:30 pm each Wednesday. The classes are free of charge to participants.
The course is designed to give participants practical parenting skills. This series is offered by the Marian House 3 times per year. While participants should plan on attending the entire seven-week course, they can join at any time.
If interested in participating, please call Eric Evans, Director of Client Services at 719.477.9365 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Charities of Central Colorado is a non-profit organization serving people in need. Catholic Charities provides compassionate, competent and professional services that strengthen and support individuals, families and communities based on the value and dignity of human life.
Catholic Charities provides numerous services within a 10-county area for the working poor, homeless, low-income and vulnerable populations.
- Marian House Soup Kitchen provides a hot, nutritious meal to more than 600 people most days, 365 days a year
- Marian House Community Outreach Services distributes food, household items, clothing, etc. and provides information, referrals and case management to those who can’t come to the Marian House due to issues such as transportation, child care or disability.
- Marian House Client Services meets emergency needs through case management and provides services for employment, financial education, parenting education, nutrition education, medical care, clothing closet and emergency supplies & services, and health & hygiene services.
- Marian House Life Support Services provides case management services, distributes baby food, formula, diapers, children’s and maternity clothes, new toys, and some furniture to children and families in need. The average family income of our clients is $7,800 per year.
- Life Connections provides counseling services for families & individuals, adoption services, pregnancy support services such as pregnancy and relinquishment counseling, parent & childbirth education, cradle foster care, RealCare© program, Project Rachel, as well as ongoing support for adoptive and birth families.
- English language and cultural literacy education for adults and children are available through our Family Immigration Services. Naturalization and Immigration services are also offered to help immigrants achieve legal residency, green cards, and citizenship status.
- Parish Social Ministries provides support for parishes, is responsible for Catholic Campaign for Human Development, Catholic Relief Services, and networking with the Colorado Catholic Conference.
For more information, please contact:
Catholic Charities of Central Colorado
228 North Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone: (719) 636-2345
Fax: (719) 636-1216