*Valentín Elizalde feat. Los Tucanes de Tijuana with the title
“La Tambora Va a Sonar”
Woodland Hills, CA. (Tuesday August 21 2012) – One of the most anticipated albums for thousands of fans of the Regional Mexican music genre and of LOS TUCANES DE TIJUANA is “TRIBUTO A MARIO QUINTERO… EL PAPA DE LOS POLLITOS”, available in Mexico and the United States starting August 21st.
This tribute album is incredibly significant because in this, his 25th career anniversary, MARIO QUINTERO is honored by the most representative and most successful artists of the banda and corrido genres, who, with their characteristic humbleness, share the ballads that have become hits throughout the years.
The “TRIBUTO A MARIO QUINTERO… EL PAPA DE LOS POLLITOS” (“Tribute to Mario Quintero…The Father of All The Little Chicks”) CD features the song “LA TAMBORA VA A SONAR”, which was performed by the unforgettable VALENTIN ELIZALDE along with LOS TUCANES DE TIJUANA, undoubtedly also a plus for fans of the charismatic singer from Sinaloa who disappeared mysteriously.
The album includes the following songs:
· BANDA EL RECODO DE DON CRUZ LIZARRAGA- “CLAVE PRIVADA” (PRIVATE CODE)
· JULION ALVAREZ Y SU NORTEÑO BANDA- “HOMBRE DE NEGOCIOS” (“BUSINESSMAN”)
· LA ORIGINAL BANDA EL LIMON- “FIESTA EN LA SIERRA” (“PARTY IN THE SIERRA”) and “MIS TRES ANIMALES” (“MY THREE ANIMALS”)
· CALIBRE 50- “THE DONKEY” (“THE DONKEY”)
· EL POTRO DE SINALOA- “EL MZ” (“THE MZ”), “SE EQUIVOCO EL PISTOLERO” (“THE GUNMAN WAS MISTAKEN”) and “CIEN POR UNO” (“ONE-HUNDRED FOR ONE”)
· EL TIGRILLO PALMA- “GENTE DE ALTO PODER” (“PEOPLE OF HIGH POWER”) and “LOS CHIQUINARCOS (“THE LITTLE NARCS”)
· GERMAN LIZARRAGA Y SU BANDA ESTRELLAS DE SINALOA- “EL CENTENARIO (“THE CENTENARY”)
· BANDA SINALOENSE MS- “EL AGUILA BLANCA” (“THE WHITE EAGLE”)
· AMBROSIO CANO ‘EL CHALINILLO’- “EL CRUZADOR” (“THE CROSSER”)
· LA NUEVA REBELION- “AMANTE DE LO BUENO” ( “LOVER OF THE GOOD”)
· LA INCONTENIBLE BANDA ASTILLEROS- “LOS NARCOJUNIORS” (“THE JUNIOR NARCS” )
· RAZA OBRERA- “LISTA NEGRA” (“BLACK LIST”)
· GRUPO MONTEZ DE DURANGO- “TEMPORADA EN LA SIERRA” (“SEASON IN THE HIGHLANDS”)
· VALENTIN ELIZALDE FEAT. LOS TUCANES DE TIJUANA- “LA TAMBORA VA A SONAR” (“THE DRUM WILL SOUND”)
MARIO QUINTERO, leader of LOS TUCANES DE TIJUANA, known as ‘EL PAPA DE LOS POLLITOS’ (The Father of the Little Chicks), has reason to feel proud – his songs have transcended generations thanks to his strength and incredible talent as an author and composer as well as a musician and performer, officially expressed on his very own star of fame in Las Vegas, where the iconic phrase can be read: ‘EL PAPA DE LOS POLLITOS’ (The Father of the Little Chicks)
MARIO QUINTERO’S FEELINGS ON THIS TRIBUTE
“I’m honored to receive a tribute from my colleagues in the Regional Mexican music genre, who have been inspired by my lyrics and music to interpret these songs and make them available to audiences everywhere…
A special thanks for bringing a little bit more of Mario Quintero to people’s hearts, because with the sound of their voices and those of the fans I keep finding the inspiration to continue composing and echoing the name of the group that changed the course of Norteño music…¡LOS TUCANES DE TIJUANA!”.