First book for web developers using Sitecore’s industry-leading .NET-based content management system
Indianapolis, June 04, 2012 – John West, Chief Technology Officer for Sitecore, authored the book. “This book is the most comprehensive resource available for developers implementing web solutions with Sitecore. It contains insight, advice, and technical explanations derived from more than seven years of my research into the product’s implementation and evolution. I hope to convey my experience in a way that helps existing and future Sitecore developers achieve the greatest benefit from the platform.”
Professional Sitecore Development provides comprehensive information for programmers learning the CMS and experienced Sitecore developers alike. This guidance can help organizations minimize implementation cost and time to web, increasing revenue while decreasing Information Technology costs.
Readers will learn how to implement solutions with Sitecore, how the Sitecore architecture enhances the ASP.NET development process, how to use Sitecore’s extensive Application Programming Interfaces, and how to deploy the website. This volume provides valuable information on a range of topics including:
- Installing and configuring Sitecore
- Implementing an information architecture and transforming content into web pages
- Using the Sitecore security infrastructure, managing errors, and testing automatically
- Managing Sitecore projects, optimizing performance, and scaling Sitecore solutions
- Tips, tricks, and best practices for working with the CMS
- Extending Sitecore and integrating external systems, including coverage of configuration, events, pipelines, and Sitecore’s user interface technology
Professional Sitecore Development is now available for purchase online and at retailers nationwide in both print and all e-book formats.