Colorado Springs, Colo. (June 4, 2012) – The Pikes Peak Center is proud to announce five shows coming soon to its stage: Brian Regan (August 17, 8:00 p.m.), Jane’s Addiction (August 26, 8:00 p.m.), Rodney Carrington (October 4, 7:30 p.m.), Video Games Live (November 17, 7:30 p.m.) and Dave Koz and Friends Christmas Tour 2012 (December 11, 7:30 p.m.). All of these shows go on sale to the public Friday, June 8 at 10:00 a.m. and tickets can be purchased at all TicketsWest outlets, the Pikes Peak Center or World Arena box offices, by phone at 520-SHOW and online at www.pikespeakcenter.com. High-resolution images of these artists are available by request.
* Brian Regan (Friday, August 17, 8:00 p.m.) – Regan’s non-stop theater tour has visited more than 80 cities each year since 2005 and continues through 2012. It is the quality of his material, relatable to a wide audience and revered by his peers, which continues to grow Brian’s fan base. In March of 2010, Brian broke the record for the most consecutive shows by a comedian at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City with five sold out performances; the previous record was four shows set by Jerry Seinfeld in 2005. In January, Brian performed 10 sold-out shows at Abravanel Hall.
With his first appearance on “The Late Show with David Letterman” in 1995, Brian solidified his place on the show and has now made more than 20 appearances. A dorm room favorite, Brian’s 1997 CD, “Brian Regan Live,” has sold more than 150,000 copies and consistently charts in iTunes Top Ten Comedy Albums. Brian’s 2000 “Comedy Central Presents” special continues to be a top viewer choice and Brian’s independently released 2004 DVD, “I Walked on the Moon,” is available at www.BrianRegan.com. Tickets for this show are $39.75 – $49.75 (surcharges apply). All ages are welcomed to this show.
* Jane’s Addiction (Sunday, August 26, 8:00 p.m.) – When Los Angeles quartet Jane’s Addiction came along, they merged alternative and rock like no one before, becoming the first alternative rock band, creating a new sound and attitude.
Perry Farrell stands out as one of music’s most forward-thinking and enigmatic front men, and his vocals soar with vibrancy, vulnerability and vitality. Guitar god Dave Navarro conjures simultaneously psychedelic and epic riffs. Stephen Perkins’ tribal stomp remains hypnotic and transfixing. In 2010, Jane’s Addiction began writing and recording a new album for release on Capitol in the summer of 2011, to be supported with a worldwide tour. The band and producer Rich Costey (Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Interpol) recently added TV on the Radio’s Dave Sitek to the creative team. Sitek, best known for his production work on TV on the Radio, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the Foals, will be writing and playing bass on the new album.
Acclaimed for their swirling sonic symphony and unique studio alchemy, Jane’s Addiction have sold over seven million records in the U.S. alone. They’ve also garnered Grammy nominations and spearheaded the movement of modern American festival culture by launching and headlining Lollapalooza. Even during dormant periods, their classic songs pulsated through rock radio constantly and their influence resounded through countless acts. For more information, visit www.janesaddiction.com. Tickets to this show are $36.50 – $49.95 (surcharges apply). All ages are welcomed to this show.
* Rodney Carrington (Thursday, October 4, 7:30 p.m.) – Rodney Carrington is a multi-talented comedian, actor and writer who has recorded eight major record label comedy albums selling more than 3 million copies. Morning Wood has been certified gold and Greatest Hits has been certified Platinum by the RIAA. Rodney starred in his own TV sitcom Rodney, which ran for two seasons on ABC. He co-wrote and co-starred with Toby Keith in the feature film “Beer for My Horses.” In 2011 Rodney partnered with the ACA (American Country Awards) by presenting at their awards show and hosting the “American Country New Year’s Eve Live” show on Fox. According to Pollstar, Rodney has been one of the top-ten highest grossing touring comedians for the last 10 years and among the top four or five the last several years. Rodney is on track to be in the top five again in 2012. For more information, visithttp://rodneycarrington.
musiccitynetworks.com/index.. Tickets to this show are $45.00 – $55.00 (surcharges apply). This show is intended for mature audiences. htm
* Video Games Live (Saturday, November 17, 7:30 p.m.) – Video Games Live™ is an award-winning immersive concert event featuring music from the most popular video games of all time. Created, produced and hosted by world -renowned game industry veteran and superstar Tommy Tallarico, top orchestras and choirs around the world perform along with exclusive synchronized video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, well-known internet solo performers, electronic percussion, live action and unique interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. For more information, visithttp://www.videogameslive.com/
index.php?s=home. Tickets to this show are $40.00 – $55.00 (surcharges apply). All ages are welcomed to this show.
* Dave Koz and Friends Christmas Tour 2012 (Tuesday, December 11, 7:30 p.m.) – Dave Koz and Friends Christmas Tour 2012, a cherished holiday tradition marking its 15th anniversary, is an uplifting, high-energy show the whole family will love. Get into the holiday spirit as some of music’s biggest and brightest names jam on fresh, lively arrangements of seasonal favorites, led by multi-GRAMMY® nominee and saxophonist extraordinaire Dave Koz. Joining Dave this year will be GRAMMY-nominated pianist/composer David Benoit, Javier Colon, winner of the inaugural season of NBC’s hit television show, “The Voice,” and the inimitable drummer/percussionist/vocalist Sheila E., who has toured with artists such as Prince, Cyndi Lauper and Ringo Starr. Joining these special guests will be singer/songwriter Margo Rey. Koz’s latest record, the GRAMMY-nominated Hello Tomorrow, features the chart-topping hits “Put The Top Down” and “Anything’s Possible.” He has also released four classic holiday albums. For more information, visit http://www.davekoz.com/. Tickets to this show are $45.00 – $65.00 (surcharges apply). All ages are welcomed to this show.
Tickets to all of these shows go on sale Friday, June 8 at 10:00 a.m. and tickets can be purchased at all TicketsWest outlets, the Pikes Peak Center or World Arena box offices, by phone at 520-SHOW and online at www.pikespeakcenter.com.