|Colorado Springs, CO, June 27, 2012 –Due to the Waldo Canyon Fire, the El Paso County Citizens Service Center is closed until further notice. To provide citizens with critical services the county has made the following arrangements:Department of Human Services
- Economic Assistance including food assistance services will be available at 17 N. Spruce (the old DHS building) beginning at 1pm Thursday June 28
- Child and Adult Protective Services – caseworkers are taking and working from remote locations. The Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 444-5700 and Adult Abuse and Neglect Intake Line at 444-5755 are staffed and taking calls as usual.
- Public Health’s usual information line at (719) 578-3199 will be staffed to answer questions about birth and death certificates, clinics and immunizations
- Women Infant and Children (WIC) staff will be offering food vouchers (only for clients who are in need of infant formula or need special formula) to clients that usually have appointments at the Citizen Services Center. The alternate location for WIC clients is on the Southeast part of the County at 97 Widefield Blvd., Widefield, CO, 80911; call (719) 578-3199.
Pikes Peak Workforce Center
- Basic processing for unemployment insurance claims will be available at:
Pikes Peak Workforce Center at the Lorraine Center
301 E. Iowa Avenue
Fountain, Colorado 80817
- Most frequently requested services including search of property records are available online
Treasurer – Delinquent June tax payments will be accepted when Treasurer’s Office reopens July 3rd at Citizens Service Center
Clerk and Recorder
- All functions except recording and public search of paper documents are available at the 3 other locations Southeast – At the corner of Airport and Powers, Union Town Center at 8830 N. Union Blvd. and Centennial Hall at 200 S. Cascade
- The Clerk expects to complete the processing of a relatively few remaining uncounted ballots as soon as it is safe to do so.